- All made in the same DURABLE material of Extruded Polystyrene.
- All the benefits of wood such as it CUTS and JOINS just like wood.
- But, none of the disadvantages of wood such as NO SPLITTING, NO WARPING and NO WOODWORM.
- The finish of a wood based moulding is that it can be affected by the grain, but not with Emafyl. There are NO IMPERFECTIONS to do this.
- This means we can provide a high QUALITY and CONSISTENT finish on every length.
- We can also guarantee that all our picture frame mouldings have a consistent LENGTH of 2.92m.
- Emafyl is also MOISTURE RESISTANT and can be used in areas of high humidity.
- What really sets Emafyl apart from wood mouldings is the price. Emafyl is much more COMPETITIVELY priced than wood. Sometimes, wood can be cheaper than Emafyl, but that is normally only be achieved with the use very low grade wood.
- All kept in STOCK for immediate delivery.
- Established in the 1980's by Howard Simons, Emafyl received the QUEEN'S AWARD FOR EXPORT ACHIEVEMENT in 1996 and continues to expand especially into the architectural market.
- We continue to be a WORLD LEADER in the production of extruded polystyrene mouldings for the picture frame industry.
- We are one of the few companies still producing mouldings in OUR UK FACTORY, which is sited in Woolwich on the River Thames, just a stones throw from the Thames Barrier.
- All surfaces should be clean and dry.
- Mitre the moulding the same way as if it is wood. For a perfect cut, a 2nd shave is recommended. However, Emafyl cuts the same as wood, so why treat it any differently?
- Most of our customers are unaware of this product, as the quality of Emafyl does not normally require glueing. But you may desire this extra option, especially with the large gallery mouldings when just underpinning may not be sufficient.
- Then, clean off any surplus adhesive with a damp sponge.
- For further information or technical assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at Head Office.